CONTROLS SPECIALIST – REFELX LIGHTING – BOSTON
Reflex Lighting, a provider of lighting solutions that offers the most comprehensive array of top quality products and value added services, is seeking a talented individual to fulfill the role of Controls Specialist. The Controls Specialist provides assistance and customer quotes to internal departments including sales for the Boston and Connecticut territories, manages controls across projects, and supports the Controls Department in generating control specifications.
Reflex Lighting is located on Tide Street in the Seaport Area close to the Silver Line T Station. For more information about the company please review the website:
Controls Quotations – The Controls Specialist provides assistance and customer quotes to the following departments: Distributor Resources, National Accounts, Specifications, and outside sales force for both territories – Boston and Connecticut.
- Gather the necessary information (drawings, specifications, and counts) required in order to provide complete and accurate quotations
- Manage manufacturer request log in order to maintain on-time quotation delivery for
- Understand details of complex project so contractors and distributors will give repeat orders to the company
Controls Project Management – The Controls Specialist will manage several control projects (at different stages) at one time.
- Create the required detailed control submittal package, as well as review smaller submittal packets from the submittals team, for overall accuracy for rejects that use factory pricing software
- Communicate project shipping and tracking information to distributors while ensuring shipping dates do not slip. Coordinate factory and local startup requests between distributors and factory/Reflex staff
- Remain aware of costs, striving to maintain or increase overall profitability throughout all of the project stages
Controls Specification Support – The Controls Specialist supports the Controls Department in generating control specification packages for the company. The packages include control systems one line diagrams; relay/dimming panel schedules, written product specifications, and sensor layouts.
- Once a project is out in the bid stage, the Controls Specialist reviews project requirements to confirm correct ballast integration and overall control design requirements.
- Electrical Engineering Degree and background in addition to experience in control systems preferred
- Strong software skills – Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and complete quotes in a timely manner
- Project Management experience at distributorship’s or electrical construction companies are a plus
- Ability to identify which control solutions are the best fit for the product application and overall cost when quoting control opportunities
- Proactively keep current with the latest software tools provided by our various control manufacturers
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of work, and multi-task
- Strive to match and exceed the current service level of that of the company’s competitors
Competitive salary and benefit plan that includes the following:
- Subsidized Health Care Plan – Individual and Family
- Paid vacations, personal, and holidays
If you are interested in this position please call or email a copy of your resume to email@example.com and/or call for 617-331-3194