Transportation Manager – Be our Guest – Linen and Party Rentals – Boston – Permanent Position
Be Our Guest, a rental company serving Caterers and Event Professionals throughout New England, is seeking an experienced Transportation Manager to effectively and profitably manage the delivery and pick up of high end party rental equipment.
Be Our Guest’s industry is highly seasonal, the Transportation Manager is responsible for supervising forty plus individuals, one-third in low season with over four hundred weekly deliveries and pickups, Monday through Sunday, in high season.
Supervise daily activities of delivery personnel, and direct staff:
- Schedule delivery and pick-up schedules for all rental equipment including linen
- Coordinate schedule with the Warehouse, Linen, and Operations Department about equipment needs
- Overseeing load/unload process
- Ensuring drivers have all information relevant to successful and on-time delivery or pick up (maps and specific delivery instructions)
- Check orders prior to loading, to expedite turn around when trucks return
- Maintain inventory of vehicles, review safety inspection from drivers, coordinate vehicle repairs, and, forecast driver and vehicle needs
- Work closely with Customer Service, Sales Team, and Product Managers to insure accurate order fulfillment, delivery priorities, and complete customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations and insurance criteria with the insurance company
- Train drivers in safe driving and effective delivery / loading techniques; reviewing daily/weekly safety inspections reports of vehicles and drivers’ logs
- Determine most profitable balance of long term leasing versus short term rental of delivery vehicles
- Hire, review and terminate drivers and other transportation personnel as necessary
- Hold bi-weekly meetings with all delivery personnel to discuss driving safety, protocol, truck maintenance, customer service, loading efficiency and paperwork accuracy
- Coordinate delivery and pick-up times and special delivery instructions with event planners or caterers
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Prior experience as delivery driver or dispatcher
- Ability to function and supervise a diverse, multicultural and multilingual environment
- Attention to detail, organized, and ability to communicate the importance of these skills to staff
- Strong English verbal, written, communication and presentation skills Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and communicate diagrams to delivery staff
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, supervise workload imbalance, and demand from event planners, caterers, clients with a smile on your face!
- Ability to coordinate multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to work in non-temperature controlled environments
- Professional appearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, this is not a 9 to 5 job!
- Team coach and player with excellent “people skills”
Goals of the Transportation Manager:
- The client well serviced
- Delivery of quality products
- Make sure that delivery personnel understand that they are Ambassadors for Be our Guest
- Customer Satisfaction
- Insure safety of delivery personnel, trucks, and tools (dollies, straps, etc.)
This is a permanent, full time position, salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Irene Levitt (Independent Recruiter contracted by Be our Guest) – firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information – 617-331-3194. For more information about Be our Guest please visit their web site: www.beourguestpartyrental.com
Be Our Guest is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.