PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER – JAVA & UI DEVELOPMENT – BEDFORD, MA AREA (JD 35030)
Our client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer with strong skills in Java programming and UI to work on an innovative product through all phases of software development including design, implementation, release, and maintenance. The individual that is hired for this position must have strong knowledge of Java Language concepts (Collections, Threads, Generics) and Java best practices and demonstrated use of Object Oriented design concepts and patterns for UI development. This is a critical hire.
The Client Company develops an application life-cycle solution that is cutting edge and unleashes the power of software development teams to deliver superior results. The product is designed for enterprises where software is critical, the unique architecture removes constraints and allows teams to deliver more features, ship faster, re-prioritize as needed, and sustain high product quality.
The Principal Software Engineer will add new architecture to a huge UI of core products. The successful candidate will work with 3 other UI engineers on the development team. Engineers are in charge of own destiny with opportunities to grow.
- Work on an innovative product through all phases of software development including design, implementation, release, and maintenance
- Implementation of Java-based solutions using servlets, dependency injection (Guice) and REST technologies
- Produce clean, modular, and unit-tested code
- Study new technologies and bring fresh ideas that can benefit the project
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field (equivalent experience considered)
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Java Language concepts (Collections, Threads, Generics) and Java best practices
- Demonstrated use of Object Oriented design concepts and patterns for UI development
- Desire to work in an agile development group
- Must be a team player, have effective time management skills, adapt well to changing work requirements, and be able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience writing unit tests that achieve high levels of code coverage
- Track record of delivering products to market
- Previous experience delivering products using agile development practices (unit test, continuous integration and Scrum)
- Experience with persistence frameworks (e.g. iBATIS / MyBatis, Hibernate) is a plus
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks, especially Guice is a plus
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management processes and tools, such as Git, Clearcase, or AccuRev is helpful
Compensation: Highly competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please send your current Word-formatted resume to: