ENGINEERING MANAGER TO BUILD DEVELOPMENT TEAM FOR A BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO GAME PRODUCT – J2EE, SPRING, AGILE, RESTful WEB SERVICES (JD 35029)
Our client, a Boston-based start-up, is seeking a “hands-on” Engineering Manager to play a key role in developing an exciting new product for the video game industry. In less than six months, this feisty startup is planning to turn the mobile gaming economy on its head! Gamers will have a totally new kind of gameplay and developers will unlock new revenue streams that dwarf those coming from today’s archaic banner ads.
With a proven track record, our client has shown that it can deliver on bold promises. They know how to build and scale disruptive technology companies by hiring talented people with a “do whatever it takes” mentality. They are in the process of recruiting a core team development team that will constitute the foundation on which their monumental success will be built.
In the role as Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will build and mentor the product development team and work closely with the beta-user community to ensure the timely release of a high quality product.
- 2+ years as an engineering manager with a track record of building quality products and high performance teams
- 5+ years of J2EE experience
- Strong leadership abilities that inspire and motivate engineers
- Experience in developing n-tier web applications with cutting edge Java technologies
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experienced in delivering highly scalable consumer facing software, video games, software development kits and online services
- Knowledge of and experience with the Spring Portfolio including the Spring Framework and Spring MVC
- Experience in Agile development methodology such as Scrum and Agile development tools such as Rallydev or Jira
- Strong Relational Database skills including design and optimization
Additional Skills A Plus:
- Previously shipped mobile titles on Android
- Experience with Grails and Groovy
The company offers a competitive salary, a team-orientated environment and excellent benefits that include health, dental and life insurance, 401(k), short term disability, and 8 paid holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please send your current Word-formatted resume to: